The Castillo Family....La familia Castillo

To our family and friends all over the world....A nuestra familia y amigos en todo el mundo.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

She belongs to Him...

Today Elisa was a part of the baby dedication at church. There were about 30 little ones there...just amazing to think of the little new lives that God creates every day. Our pastor Jeff (the same one that married Wil and I) prayed for the little ones and gave a "charge" to the parents. He reminded us of the blessings that these children already have, growing up in a Godly household. So many people grow up not knowing Him and OUR children have the opportunity to grow up in a household where we can demonstrate His love from day one. Wow. What a charge. There's no doubt that Wil and I feel blessed with the gift of parenthood, and I know that God is looking at us with compassion in his eyes. Boy, it can be tiring and sometimes you don't know how to satisfy the little one. But through Him, we succeed.

My prayer is that we can be Christlike examples to her. So God just help me with my patience!

She looks like Wil!

You know just on a side note, many people have said to me, "Gosh, Amy, Elisa looks so much like Wil, not you, I'm sorry." What is it?! I wonder do wives really NOT want their babies to look like their husbands? I am so happy that when I look at Elisa, I see Wil's face, his hair, curls, etc. It may sound absolutely cheesy, but when I look at her, I do think of my hubby and I think of the wonderful father she has! I am thrilled! I just hope she has his demeanor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker