The Castillo Family....La familia Castillo

To our family and friends all over the world....A nuestra familia y amigos en todo el mundo.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Motherhood moments and ... beans

Wil and I witnessed Elisa's first smile the other morning. It was so adorable and I spent the entire day trying to recapture it. I think she was just fooling us!

I am part of a Mother's Breastfeeding Support Group through the hospital I delivered at and it is so wonderful. There are anywhere from 20 to 30 mothers that come once a week with their babies to share ideas and ask questions from 2 nurses that run the group. But most of all, we spend our time sharing and supporting each other. These women know what it is like to have a 1-week, 6-week, 2-month-old, etc. baby. Often you begin to describe what your baby is doing and another mother immediatley chimes in with, "Oh, yes, I experienced that, too..." It amazes me the instinct of a mother. And I am really thankful that I have my own mother to constantly ask advice from and this group.

Elisa is now starting to look at me or if she hears my voice, to move her head from side to side, looking around. I can't believe that God created such a wonderful bond. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I often am awake before she cries for me. Elisa and I spent the past few days with my mom while Wil was out of town and my mom would ask me how many times I woke up during the night. Often, I had no clue. Elisa's feedings have just become second nature to me. I think I just sleep walk when I go and pick her up and feed her. I can't even remember what life was like in the middle of the night weeks ago .... :)

We went back to the doctor this week and with another opinion Elisa doesn't have reflux, but is a colicky baby. Thank goodness we don't have to take that awful medicine anymore! She is really quite good during the day and at night comes our troublesome times. But everyone says it lasts just a few months.

I keep thinking, I can't wait til 3 months when everyone says she'll be doing so much more and acting so differently. But in reality, I want to savour these moments right now...

Speaking of savouring, after a year of being in the states, Wil finally cooked beans last night! They were really good! That might sound crazy, but for 2 years beans were a staple item in my diet, but coming back to the states I had no idea how to cook them....thanks, Honey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker