The Castillo Family....La familia Castillo

To our family and friends all over the world....A nuestra familia y amigos en todo el mundo.

Friday, July 11, 2008

A Bilingual Attitude

Me (Amy): Elisa, what color is this? (We were looking at a Diego book)

Elisa: blue, mommy.

Wil: Elisa, que color es?

Elisa: azzzzul (with lots of emphasis)

Me: Que color es?

Elisa: (with her eyebrows raised and a little frown) BLUE!

Wil: What color is it?

Elisa: AZUL!

Can't fool her. She will only speak Spanish to Wil and English to me. She's already beginning to outsmart us. Great. But so cute and so amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

That is so cute! You know, ever since my college linguists classes, I've been looking forward to the day when I have my very own "language acquisition device," as my professor called children. Enjoy the fun! And thanks for sharing it with us...

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker