The Castillo Family....La familia Castillo

To our family and friends all over the world....A nuestra familia y amigos en todo el mundo.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Speaking spanish, fighting colds and talking up a storm


That's Elisa in a nutshell. After 2 weeks in Central America she repeats so many Spanish words and constantly asks for "Ita, Ito, Wendy and Rigo." Translation: Abuelita, Abuelito, Aunt Wendy and Uncle Rodrigo. We had a great time and it went by much too quickly. I will be posting some pics soon.

The first week our little one got sick. We ended up taking her to a pediatrician in El Salvador, which I wasn't too thrilled about, but with an ear infection, it was necessary. She still has a cold, but I know the sudden change in temps isn't helping her out much. Going from 2 weeks of 70 to 80 degree beautiful weather and going outside every day to snow and locked inside, thankfully, I don't believe in Groundhog's Day. Come on, Spring!

The second week of our vacation, Wil and I took a much need "honeymoon" to Costa Rica so I could see where he spent 15 years of his life. Wil actually considers himself Costa Rican and I can definitely see why. He acts like and even speaks like 'em. And "ticos" speak another language...they have so many words and phrases appropriate to their country that I had trouble understanding. But thankfully, I had my "tico" translator with me the entire time. Costa Rica was beautiful, I can see why many Americans and Canadians retire there, but the roads are awful. It takes double the time to get somewhere (for example a 15 minute drive probably takes 45 minutes) because the roads are so narrow and there are quite a few potholes. The weather in some places also can be about 60 degrees because of the high altitutes. Wil told me to bring a jacket and I am glad I did. The beaches are also beautiful, but nothing like I imagined...granted, we only went to a handful of them. But, there aren't a lot of signs guiding tourists and many don't even have real roads leading to them. I think that is Costa Rica's way of preserving their best of the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker