The Castillo Family....La familia Castillo

To our family and friends all over the world....A nuestra familia y amigos en todo el mundo.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Stuck inside...

It's day 2 and Elisa and I can't play outside. Well, we haven't been able to do that for several weeks, but with this ice storm, it's beginning to look like a long winter. Maybe I should be enjoying days of being in a warm house...but I admit I am spoiled. Three years of NOT experiencing winter has this mom wishing for some pupusas (typical Salvadoran food), fire works (to bring in the new year -- the loudest fireworks ever and right in front of your door!), and singing Christmas songs with your car windows down. Those are just a few things that I will miss this Christmas. But I have to admit, being with my family here is worth missing all of it.

I remember one of the funniest things Wil said to me his first winter here (and this is number 3!). We were walking out of a bank in Kearney and Christmas carols had been playing. It was windy and freezing cold outside (I can't remember if there was snow), but he said, "Okay, this is so wrong, to hear Christmas music and to walk outside in the bitter cold!" I just smiled, knowing he was used to tropical holidays. He has definitely learned what those picture postcards are really like now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker