The Castillo Family....La familia Castillo

To our family and friends all over the world....A nuestra familia y amigos en todo el mundo.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Sleeping on the cold, hard floor

Well, it's week number 3 and Elisa is still not fond of nightly sleeping. Seems as if the little girl just wants to be held and the presence of another human with her. Our nightly struggle begins anywhere between 2 and 3 am and lasts until 6 am when Wil leaves for work. Don't get me wrong, we don't let a little pout and whining fool us, even though she's our first. It seems that our social butterfly is just not found of sleeping during the dark hours of our day.

We've tried the Ferber method of crying it out, many Baby Whisperer techniques, and now I am trying out Super Nanny's camping out in her room and slowing moving myself out each night. The second night the floor seemed a little softer, but the noises (not whines or cries, mind you) from the crib beside me were something else. For almost 2 hours straight, Elisa tossed and turned, dangled her feet through the railings and practiced her new vocabulary. I think she finds it humorous that I am laying on her floor. Oh the stories I will have to share with her later.

So, poor Wil, I have been a grumpier than usual, but fellow moms have assured me this to will pass...

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Hey Am, I'm trying to set up a blog, but I can't figure out how to 'subscribe' to you. Hopefully I'll figure it out sometime soon! Love you and if it isn't already busy- save your Saturday night, we were thinking about having a game night with all the fam.
Love,Em

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker