The Castillo Family....La familia Castillo

To our family and friends all over the world....A nuestra familia y amigos en todo el mundo.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Monkeys (monos) and water

I have found the current cure for colic for my baby girl. Take her into the bathroom and run water. It becomes an automatic turn off button. This week we have had some real screaming fits with Elisa. I think mostly just being overtired. This past weekend Wil gave her an extra bath just to calm her down. She absolutely loves the water, so the other night when she was screaming, I walked into her "monkey" aka "mono" (in Spanish) bathroom and her eyes lit up (the bathroom has an adorable shower curtain with monkeys on it). She whimpered a little so I turned on the water and it was absolute silence and she started drinking her bottle. After a minute, I decided to turn the water off and she opened her eyes wide again and started to cry...so, on went the water for the entire bottle and she was relaxed and ready for bed. Amazing...

It must have something to do with in El Salvador they call little kids "monos" or monkeys. :) So this mom has found a way to sooth my little mona at least for now. We'll see how long this lasts. :)

P.S. She got weighed today, 12.14, still in the 90th percentile for her age and height!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker